Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Treeckle en terrup!

Did you know that orange juice in a green cup tastes exponentially better than in a yellow one?  I learned that this morning when Brig flipped out because I brought him a glass of OJ in a yellow cup 10 minutes ago.  Indeed, he is still arguing in the kitchen with his mother that he should be given juice in a green cup.  Did I mention he is two?

Calvin has always been a mommas boy.  He is much more the snuggler baby than his brother ever was (or is).  And his favorite snuggle without a doubt has been his mother.  Until recently.  His first word was Dada and that's been his only word since then.  This morning I woke up late and when I came around the corner to the kitchen Calvin was the first to see me.  His face lit up and he said in a sort of comforting decent, "Dahhhhd!" I love to sit by him because he makes me feel very important in this world.

Michelle was making french toast this morning and the rest of the peanut gallery was just making faces from behind the table top.  After getting a new layer of toast passed around Brig stands up on his chair and says, "Treeckle en terrup" His mother and I looked at each other once or twice and just shook our heads chalking it up to lost childhood.  Then he said it again and again and again.  Treeckle en terrup!  He never got anxious or frustrated, he was just trying to say what he had to say and his parents just weren't getting it.  About two minutes later Michelle remembered that in our prayer Brig had prayed for baby Jake, Max and Tophie ( sounds like a health food right?)  and a lightbulb beamed above Michelle's head.  She immediately went over to the cupboard, pulled down a bottle of sprinkles and a bottle of syrup.  
You see Michelle is a master deciferer of children's language and when she put 2 and 2 together she realized that Brig can't say S's very well right now; they are being replaced by T's.  

So the vernacular in this house consists of cousin Tophie, Grandma Tsoosie, Trinkles and Terrup.  I love my family.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Adorable!!! Emma used to say "fark-a-lee" for Sparkly. We used to make her say it all the time - we love it. Both the girls still say aminals too....I just love little kid-speak!!! :)

Kimberly and Jonathan Bradbury said...

How cute is that? I don't think I have ever had sprinkles on my toast before. Next time for sure and I will have Brig on my mind!

Ian said...

Buddy Elf would be proud!

Sheryl said...

That is a cute story. I love the way kids talk!

Corri said...

That is so cute. I'll have to give the sprinkles a try!