Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Proof that my boy loves me

So yesterday I came home from work for a quick bite to eat and to see my family.  The boys were both in afternoon pass out land, which is a happy place, so Michelle and I joked around talking and playing games on-line.  Then Cal woke up and of course Brig was shortly in trail.  While I was enthralled with some electronic and shiny computer thing Brig went into the other room, grabbed a football and came into the computer room.  I saw a pass zoom by my right shoulder over into the bathroom and Brig said something.  I couldn't really make it out and didn't think anything of it.  Undetered I tried to beat the high score on "Worthless online Time Waster".  Then the pass zoomed behind my head, and again Brig said something that I wasn't paying attention to which was followed by an exhuberant cheer.  Again I paid no attention until Michelle asked if I had heard him.  Now Brig is starting to figure out how to say the coolest stuff and he is starting to make thoughts up on his own rather than just parrot everything you say.  (Which has to be the best time ever because he will say things like, "I will burn your villages and take your children" or "whatchu talkin' bout Willis" or "Mommy has a cute popa" and he can say most of it in Wookie.  But I digress, back to football.

"Did you hear what he said?" "Of course not" I replied.  We coaxed him to play some more and say it again. but now that he knows he's being listened to he decides to get shy and not say anything.  Finally I feined giving up, handed him the football and walked out of the room and around the corner.  Moments later,the football zoomed out the door and a ridiculously cute two year old ran after it shouting, "John Beck to Johnny Harline!"  



For those of you not familiar with the greatest play in all of college football ever I have attached a link to the 2006 BYU at Utah football game where the cougs scored a touchdown 9 seconds after the clock expired and almost all hope had been lost.  There have been other blog posts about this game; shoot because of that game Brig was almost named John Beck Harline Bradbury.  We've watched it a few times and I love to tell him the story.  I was just surprised to hear him pretend to be John Beck throwing a game winning touchdown at two years old.  Apparently Michelle says that he came up with it completely on his own and had been doing it all morning out in the back yard.  

That's my boy.  

2 comments:

Robin said...

so cute! love your boys, and love the new music too.
xoxo

Grandma & Grandpa "B" said...

It's good that you are writing these things down. Hopefully making copies somewhere besides the blog. They just keep getting cuter and cuter. As much as you think you will remember it, you will forget it (that comes with age I think). Love you guys!