Tuesday, February 06, 2024

Quotable Quotes

 Alright, two quotes from boys:

Mackay is first.  He has this thing where he talks for our dog, Chocolate Thunder.  I mean he really gets into it even taking on a whole new persona and voice.  It is pretty amazing and probably the funniest thing he does.  For a while Choco was very aggressive toward Brigham and they would go back and forth for quite a while.  Those exchanges are hilarious to observe.  So last week the acronym, RBF came up somehow and none of the boys knew what it stood for.  We kind of talked our way around it until finally we just told them point blank what it meant and asked them not to go around saying the actual terminology out loud.  So fast forward to yesterday and we're all sitting around the kitchen listening to Choco go on and suddenly he starts talking about his mom. "You no dat Mommie Belka had a serious RBF."  Now at first I thought this was funny because Belka is in fact a female dog and so it was quite cleaver what Mackay had done with the play on words.  But then he (through Choco) took a left turn I was not expecting, "You know her RBF, Resting Belka Face!"  The dumb Choco voice inflection was perfect and I laughed for 5 minutes straight.  Not sure why I found that so funny but his timing and execution were on point that day.  

David.  Tonight DT had a Bantam League basketball game.  I help coach the team and it's really pretty fun.  he and I arrived at the Westlake HS gym about 35 minutes early, so our first stop was the latrine.  I go into a stall to do my business and Dave is standing at a urinal.  We are the only ones there so he felt at ease to carry on a conversation.  "So Dad, I have to tell you I hate it when they don't have a divider between the urinals.  It's kind of weird, ya know?"  "I agree Dave, luckily you are all by yourself today." I replied.  "Ya, well, sometimes when I have others near by I kind of guard it by turning just a bit so they can't see."  That's logical.  He continued, "...and then I'll hold my hand out a few inches extra just so they think it's bigger than it really is."  Wow, I almost swallowed my gum.  Not expecting that from my 12 year-old.  I choked out the response, "I suppose we've all done that at some time or another son."  Wow.  Just wow.

No comments: