Sunday, July 24, 2016

Biggerbabyboysbradbury's

Today I sat in church and noticed that my boys were different.  Brigham's hands are changing.  They are long.  The bones have stretched.  They aren't chubby little boys hands anymore.  They are the extension of long strong arms that are becoming manipulators.  It was weird to look at that and see it for the first time. 

He argues with us a lot.  Sometimes just to argue.  Several years ago we took him in to have him tested and the child neuropsychologist came back saying two things.  "Your kid is dang smart and he has oppositional defiant disorder.  But not bad, just a touch."  The older he gets the more we can see that.  Until it is 'his' idea you can forget about making it happen.  As parents we are learning how to handle that and how to teach him within these constraints.  Really it's not too bad.  If you were just hanging out with him you might think he was a bit wild but nothing excessive.

Today after church we laid down on the couch to watch a movie Bro Burton gave us and to nap for a while.  I ended up with BGB laying on my right arm until it was well asleep; DTB was under feet slithered around both legs like a snake in a cane forest and CMB was on top.  When I say he was on top I mean he was just >plop< on top.  Kid inch-wormed his way from snuggling to laying his head on my belly to positioning himself prostrate perpendicular to my chest but completely on top.  It was all quite a sight, blondies everywhere and wonderful every one. 

The thing I didn't mention is that Mackay squished me to the point that I called 'uncle'.  He weighs more than either of his bean pole brothers and sometimes it's really funny to watch his butt as he runs down the hall.  He might be changing from a tight end to maybe a right guard.

David is kind of unlike any 4 year-old we've had to this point.  BG was the first and could stay in childhood innocence for an extended period of time.  CM was his partner in crime and all but mirrored his experience.  DT on the other hand grew up 4 years older than his is.  He wrestles and rumbles just like the big ones.  Talks back like them too.  Every once in a while though his age betrays him.  He will sing a child song or play with 'baby' toys or snuggle up to his mother and her heart will melt again.  At night he won't go to bed unless mother lays down with him.  He will allow me in the room if I sing him "Have I Done Any Good" in my native tongue.  He calls it The Portuguese Song.  I am summarily dismissed after he is satisfied.

These kids are good.  BG and CM both scored 5/5 on their end of year standardized tests.  Some of the very highest in their school and the cool thing is that they were the top 3 schools in the state, Florida is a big-ass state.  (the other two where specialty schools at Florida State Univ and some private school).  I love them and even if they were dumb as bricks I'd brag up and down a tree.

Daaaaaaaaviiiid <--- DTB typed this.

dd
david  mom haircut
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbd
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
haircutouklhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhyl=0hylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylhylh
I love my mullet (I just tricked him into typing this too)


No comments: