Sunday, April 10, 2016

My Baptizm Story by Mackay Bradbury

Below is a transcript (spelling uncorrected) of Mackay's journal entry he made today chronicling his recent baptism as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

"This is my story about me getting baptized.  I was so nervus about getting baptized.  I had the most highly contguis nervous bugs.  I felt more exicted than I felt being super nervous.  I got there and there was very few people there.  By the time we had to start there were about forty five people there.  Most of the popultaion was by the children.  Less adults came then children came to my baptizm.  I was really hoping that the children would be baptized someday.  Some kids were already baptized.  I hope that everyone in my family will be baptized someday.  I am so sure that my baby brother will be baptized like me.  The refreshments were yummy.  I had at least seven mini chocalate doughnuts.  I have had a fun time remebering my baptizum I hope that whoever reads this will aslo be baptized just like me."

It was very cute.  I'm glad he wrote it down.  Two things to note: first that he really cares for and is genuinely always concerned about his little brother's well being.  And second that he likes the doughnuts.  I just wanted to put it in here in case we ever lost that little journal that the Primary gave him.

A couple of days prior we took pictures of him out on the Soundside beach.  There were a ton of shots to try and get 3-4 where I didn't screw it up and he was smiling at the same time.  Even getting that was a friggin Christmas miracle.  His Grandma Susie came for the nearly two weeks before the baptism and his Meema and Buhpa stayed for nearly two weeks afterward.  It has been absolutely wonderful having them here and letting boys experience them.

I was surprised at how many folks did show up to the ceremony.  It was on a Friday night due to the schedules of everyone involved and soccer and taekwondo.  I don't have an exhaustive list-I just thought it notable how many showed up to support this young man whom the ward has grown to love.

I was privileged to both baptize my boy and then confirm him a member.  Michelle and Gene both spoke and the grandmothers bookended the meeting with a prayer apiece.

I love you Mackay.  Thank you for following our Savior's example.  I could not be more proud of you for it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cameo--Word Up:

On a much lighter note--the other day 4 year-old David disappears in my bathroom to presumably take care of some business with a man about a horse.  A couple of minutes later I see the boy with his pants down around his ankles in a downward facing dog position and I hear the little man holler out "Dad!! My bum is in the air like I just don't care!!  Could you please wipe my bum for me?"

It was an offer I just couldn't refuse.

No comments: