Thursday, March 13, 2014

They're Magical Like Unicorns

Michelle is going to kill me when she finds out I wrote this blog.

So a long time ago I brought Michelle home to meet the family.  Before she got there I pleaded with everyone, "Pleeeease be polite and don't stare at her eyebrows.  She's very sensitive about them after the fire and I really kind of like this girl so I don't want you to do something rude and scare her off."  Then later that day I brought her to Joe's house.  With all the tact he could muster, while shaking her hand, he immediately stated to everyone in the room, "she's does too have eye brows.  That fire wasn't near as bad as you were saying."  

You see Michelle does have eye brows.  Very very blonde ones.  Almost translucent.  Like I'm pretty sure her eyebrows were used to light the Jaredites blacked out boats.

So last month MRB goes to her sisters hair dresser and gets a cute cut and die.  And while the lady was at it she decided to give Michelle's brows a gentle 'highlight'.  It actually looked really nice.  "You need to do this yourself every month or so" says they hairdresser.  Notice how I said she was told that a month ago?  Do you see where this is going?

The at home kit looked really easy but when Michelle came out of the bathroom they were so dark that I didn't know who had a more surprised looked on their face, me or her.  

Just kidding it was definitely her. 

I spent all night giving her a hard time and it was just so easy.  "Ok Michelle, now show me a sad face--with a surprised accent.  Excellent.  Ok, now somber--but surprised. ... I need more surprise.  Amazing.  But don't overdo it because that's just showing off."

So this morning she gets up and comes down stairs.  I've already left for work and the blondies are all eating cold cereal at the breakfast bar.  And honest to Job I'm not making up the next part.

Brigham says, "Mom! What happened to you?  What happened to your eyebrows?  You look like, I don't know, like Jan."

I love that boy as if he were my own son.  

By the way, three years after we were married KK finally got the guts up to ask Michelle about the fire.  It was an awkward conversation.

No comments: