Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Time Quote Book


Quote book entry:

We're sitting around the kitchen and someone tells a small joke. 2-year old David Taft see everyone laughing and so he starts laughing. Giving more credence to the levity than it deserved, he laughed a bit excessively but he's two so it was really cute. Mackay rolls over to him and hugs the little man like only a condescending older brother can and says, "It's ok David. Some day you'll get a sense of humor. You need one in this family."

+++++++++++++++
At breakfast this morning David gets up and starts dancing a really pretty good Brazilian Samba. the top is not moving at all but the bottom and the feet are going lightning quick. I don't know where he got it but the kid's got it, if you know what I mean. In Brazil they have a saying, "Tem que ted no sangue~~which means: you've just gotta have it in the blood." We told Mack he's got it in the blood and he keeps shaking it and says, "Ya, I've got it in the blood. In fact when i was in heaven I saw a dead Brazilian guy and he taught me how to Samba and that's how I still know today. ... Brigham didn't meet him."

When he's right he's right.

+++++++++++++++

Last night we teamed up with Aunt Kellie, Uncle Paul, Ava and SJ and went to go see a BYU mens volleyball game.  We snuck in food from Wendy's and sat in the worst seats in the house so the kids could go crazy.  And they did.  We had races up and down the stands, we amazed the crowds with SJ's dancing and we generally just had a great time.

When Ava found out she was in Provo (all the cougar paraphernalia in the Wendy's kind of gave it away) she had a very strong negative reaction.  So she and I went back and forth all night long about the rivalry.  Many observers watching the interaction in the Wendy's line found it quite amusing.  At the end I finally won a battle of the wills when I got her to concede, "I like BYU and I love the University of Utah."  I can live with that.

So this morning Michelle gets a text from KK.  It said, "SJ told me this morning 'you know BYU is super super awesome and wins all the time?' 'why you didn't go there mom?'"

That's my girl.

Paul hates me now.

No comments: