Saturday, January 08, 2022

DTIABH

One quick DT quote:

A couple of weeks ago I was in St George and I decided to wash the car.  It turned out that the windows were dirty not because of what was on the outside, but rather, because of what was smeared on the inside.  So I went out and washed them late one evening.  But it was dark and I couldn't see what I was doing.  Turns out I just smoothed out the smear and just made the problem worse.  So the next day, while looking through the haze on a quick trip to town with DT, I reached up and wrote, "DT is a Butthead!" in huge letters.  He didn't think that was funny and was summarily stopped from any attempt to alter or correct the disparagement.  

It was really cool because most of the time you couldn't see it, but when the sun hit the window just right, everybody in the car was reminder that DT was in fact, a butthead.  I still haven't gotten around to cleaning that window, mostly out of principle.

Now fast forward to to yesterday.  I'm finally over being sick and I take DT to Chick Fil A to go pick up some dinner.  We're sitting in the pick-up stall waiting for the food and I half-thinkingly mention that I need to get the windows washed.  He chirps in, over the glow of some stupid video game in his lap, "Ya, especially this front one.  It says something mean about this really handsome guy."  Doesn't miss a beat.  I suppose that's why we call him Davie Smooth.

No comments: