Monday, August 10, 2020

Happy Brigmore

Today was a pretty cool day.  Summer is wrapping up, so somewhere around mid week last week we put the boys on an airplane and flew them up to West Yellowstone WY airport where their grandparents picked them up and they spent a few days in Island Park doing the things you do in IP. 

I had taken a job with Northwestern Mutual as a financial advisor but by Thursday realized that it just didn't feel right for our family so I left in the middle of training.  On Friday morning Michelle and I drove north to Idaho and had a wonderful time with our family.

On Saturday we went to Wade lake with Meema, Buhpa and the Bagleys.  It was busier than any of us had ever seen it.  What an amazing place and a shame that it is getting to be more well known.  With Covid and such the boys and I blessed and passed the sacrament in the Ransom's cabin on Sunday.  The rest of the time was spent reading, talking and doing puzzles.  

Before heading back to Utah on Monday morning, I decided to take the boys golfing there at IP Village.  Brigham and I borrowed Brett's golf cart and we checked in at the club house.  This was the first time the boy had ever swung a club and it was rather difficult at first.  I really wish that I had video'd his first swing on the tee of hole #1.  He wound up and uncorked the spring.  Wiff! The club flew fantastically close to the tee'd up ball and left it there--completely unharmed.  Then the club went up and around his body and the inertia pulled him completely around in an awkward pirouette.  The look on his face was beautiful.  

The thing is, he got really good by the time we finished 9 holes.  He even beat me on the last par 3.  The intricate rules, the unfamiliar terms, the steep learning curve, the beautiful vistas.  It all captured his imagination is a way that I really hadn't expected.  He thoroughly enjoyed it and talked quite a bit about how much he enjoyed it the rest of the day.  He really is a fascinating creature, and I love him very much.

No comments: