Sunday, October 25, 2015

It's 'levi-Oh-sah, not levi-o-SAH!'

I'm deployed to the Middle East again.  It's not bad, just far away.  Today Michelle sent me a couple of pictures of boys just because.  They have been playing a lot of YMCA soccer lately and she toted the camera to yesterday's games.  They were all very cute and I enjoyed seeing them very much.  There was one image that I found particularly indicative of my boys.  It was of Mackay.  He was standing alone on the defensive end of the field.  He had obviously just cleared out an attackers attempt at his goal and sent the gaggle of kids chasing the ball to the other end of the field.

He was determined and had just succeeded; it was a great photo.  But as I looked closer at the picture I noticed something else.

In the background were two slightly out of focus figures.  Brigham was seated studiously reading a book. I mean tearing that thing apart.  And David was perched over his oldest brother's shoulder trying to see what so so cool.  They all love reading and for that I am extremely grateful.

Mother and I finally conceded that the boys were old enough and allowed them to start Harry Potter last week and they have absolutely fallen for it.  Mackay finished book one in two days and Brigham finished both one and two in just over nine days.  Ridiculous.

We may have just shifted from Star Wars to Harry Potter--Universal Studios is going to be fun this year.

-dAddie


No comments: